We've been printing on the MM2 pretty well, but had kapton tape layered on the glass. Unfortunately due to an earlier accident (someone typed 1.2 instead of .12 as the Z position in a G92 command) the bed ended up looking like this:
So the tape was removed, the bed heated and printing fun began.
Fortunately, I came back and caught it doing this before I stopped the print. The print had come free of the bed during printing and was being dragged around by the head as it spewed pumpkin colored PLA all over the place.
Based on a recommendation from our resident 3D printing expert, I decided to give the glass a quick blast of Garnier Fructis Style -- with EXTREME control -- initially the results seemed to be positive, the printed part stuck nicely to the bed and everything seemed to be working out just fine.
Sadly to say, this was not the case. As the print approached the end of its run, the part came loose and I ended up with a melted mess on top.
I guess we'll end up covering the bed in Kapton tape again.
On the plus side, the orange PLA looks great against the blue plate on the MM2 - if only it had stuck better.